- by Team Handson
- July 12, 2022
Introduction to Pandas
What is Pandas in Python?
Pandas stand for Panel Data Library and it works very well for tabular data formats which are of very frequent occurrence in machine learning.
This library provides very useful and easy-to-use API for tabular data processing. It is built on top of NumPy. So, one can find a lot of similarities between these two libraries.
Why should we use Pandas?
- Pandas provides fast APIs for reading and writing to various file format. For example: CSV, MS-Excel, SQL, HTML etc.
- It is fast and efficient for diligently handling the missing data.
- It makes data more flexible and customizable.
How to install Pandas?
- One has to install Pandas library before using it. The command is: “pip install pandas”
- We use Anaconda distribution. It has Pandas pre-installed. Hence, we can skip the step to install Pandas.
- To use the library functions inside Pandas, one has to import it first. For complete documentation please refer the website: https://pandas.pydata.org